Join our kind
Recruiting: Graduate Intern (3 Months)
- £24,856 pa (London Living Wage)
- Shoreditch London, UK (we are a hybrid working company)
Humankind is a corporate and B2B public relations and communications company. We believe a company's reputation is built on what they stand for and how they behave, as much as the products and services they create.
In an increasingly digital world, human storytelling has never been more important. We help shape conversations and earn trust with communities: from customers and employees, to investors, regulators and society.
- You have a passion for purpose-driven work and want to apply your skills to create positive impacts for people and the planet
- You're a curious, creative thinker excited to learn more about the global media, policy and political landscape
- You enjoy researching new topics and distilling key insights, to make the complex simple
- You love writing, can craft a compelling narrative and write in a number of different styles
- Confident self-starter, you’re ambitious and care deeply about doing a good job
- A trusted team player, you do what you say
- Organised, with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail
- You can adjust to changing pace of environment - at times being busy, but not dropping the ball
About the Role
We work across a number of clients, across areas including; sustainability, financial services, professional services, sports and technology. We have a common goal: to achieve business results that create positive impacts for people and the planet.
This role entails working across the B2B and corporate team with some operations responsibility and is perfect for someone proactive, seeking their first role in PR, and keen to develop solid experience with one of the best PR teams in the country.
This role is an initial three month paid internship. There is the opportunity for a permanent role after this period, depending on performance and the business needs.
Some of the tasks will involve:
- Daily monitoring of news, policy and social conversations relevant to our clients needs
- Conducting research to inform media communications strategies and contribute ideas
- Storytelling and copywriting - drafting press releases, social copy, commentary and opinion editorial
- Pitching and meeting with key journalists to build and maintain trusted relationships
- Using media and social media monitoring tools like Meltwater for crisis monitoring and management
- Project management - updating timing plans, liaising with suppliers, and team coordination
- Creating insightful client reports that demonstrate the value of our work, using tools like Coverage Book
- General administration tasks - updating client status documents, drafting meeting agendas, taking detailed meeting notes and actions, and updating coverage trackers
In addition, some of the role would be spent helping to ensure that the team is in tip-top shape to deliver to clients. This would include:
- Helping to organise team social events
- Team and post administration
- Maintain Humankind social media channels
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you're a fit for this position.
We’re always on the lookout for talented people, independent associates and industry partners. If you would like to speak to us about becoming part of the collective, then we'd love to hear from you.